Friday 8 June 2012

Final Major Project 08-06-12


Today was very productive without anything going wrong, which makes up for the previous disappointments. I focused on two different areas of After Effects work today. The first can be seen above. I used a tutorial found at www.videocopilot.net for a text effect. When I saw the one above I thought it fit well with theme of the trailer. It was slightly complex but the tutorial showed the steps clearly so I was able to make it without any trouble. What happens in this particular effect is the smoke seen on the right hand side of the above picture, goes across the screen, revealing the text as it moves.  


When I was happy with the text effect and after applying it to the composition I moved on to the HUD. The second image shows the progress I have made so far. It is not yet 100% complete, there are still some details missing, such as a clock. But overall I am happy with how it looks so far. There is a lot of movement on the HUD to help bring it to life. The target in the center rotates, the map/radar on the bottom right moves in correspondence with the footage and text types on in the status report box on the bottom left. I went with the green look because I think it gives it a militaristic feel, which fits with the story of the movie that this trailer is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment