Thursday 7 June 2012

Final Major Project 06-06-12

As I forgot to post something on my blog yesterday I will be doing two today. But to avoid too much confusion I have dated the title of this blog with yesterdays date.

There was a lot of ups and downs yesterday. I came across a major problem with my project and that is the resources I have available (PC's and Macs) are not powerful enough to handle my Maya project file in high quality. So I had a lot of trial and error yesterday trying to get a decent looking playblast that I could use, as rendering was completely out of the question. But it turned out that I couldn't even get a high quality playblast. I first tried on the Macs at college, however the textures and various things in the scene kept breaking. So I eventually gave up and went home to try on my home computer. There I ran into different issues. First of all, the computer was running incredibly slow, due to the high demand of the project file. Second was the playblasts themselves. For some unknown reason, when I playblasted in the .avi format, the playblasts came out black and white and the camera angle was broken. I think, after a bit of online research, that this is due to the encoding. So I decided to switch from playblasting in a video format, to playblasting JPEGs instead. This worked better in terms of they came out in colour and the camera was correctly positioned. I then put all the images into Windows Movie Maker, to convert them into a video file which I could then open in After Effects. I originally tried opening the JPEGs in After Effects, which worked but the images were loaded in the wrong order and it would of been a lot more work to reorganise them as oppose to putting them in Movie Maker.

So on the plus side, I now have a working video that I can hand in and put some After Effects work on. But on the down side, it's low quality and looks no where near as good as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment